Is Nutramigen the answer?

My 2 month old son has had is rough from the start. After finding out the hard way he was diagnosed with with a milk protien sensitivity and switched to soy. After 3 weeks on the soy he is still experiencing the same discomfort (severe gas, constipation, screaming, will not lay on his back...) Not to mention that I have to put 2 tsp of dark Karo Syrup in 3 bottles a day to help him go #2... no syrup = hard, dehydrated poo sometimes with red blood on it. I have read up on Nutramigen and I am just wondering if anyone has had experienced the same thing, and what the outcome was.
As you may know this formula is double the price, but totally worth my sanity! Every time his formula has been changed (twice) I have waited at least 3 weeks before making the decision. We already use Born Free bottles which are comparable to Dr. Brown's highly recommended for Reflux which I think he has too. HELP PLEASE!

tealsangel

Asked by tealsangel at 6:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ABSOLUTELY. My son wasn't constipated at all but then again once he hit about 3 weeks he was fussy and in pain. so that night that he had been fussy (which he rarely rarely cried/cries) so we knew somethin was wrong my mom wen and bought tthat formula for him because she had to use it with me. After the first bottle my son was happier then ever and we had to use it until he was about i want to say 4 or 5 months then switch to soy and now he's on parents choice gentle ease i do believe which the protein whey is partially broken down.
    I would really reccomend trying it!! It's notonly worth your sanity.. BUT WORTH your child not being in pain.. thats how i viewed it
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• We went through EVERY formula available before we started it....and it was the only thing that worked for my youngest. Be prepared tho....that is the nastiest stuff on the face of the planet. It will not come out of clothes, it smells horrible and you have to wash the bottle right after they are finished with it...it goes bad quickly and the smell will never come out of that bottle!!
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 8:15 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• my daughter used it and it worked great
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My son is on it now, I was paying for his formula, but when his doctor put him on nutramigen, I applied for WIC and they gave it to me. Maybe something you can look into.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Thanks guys for the advise, after speaking with his pediatrician we decided to make the switch. He has had 3 bottles and is still a bit fussy... how long did it take for your babies to be happy... by happy I mean sleeping without waking after 30 minutes and screaming!!!?
    tealsangel

Answer by tealsangel at 9:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2008