My daughter is 4, she has had her addnoids out three times, tonsils once , and tubes once. I have seen three different specialist bc she still has a chronic runny nose and a terrible cough. She has been tested for allergies and asthma and has nothing. My dr says nothing to worry about, but in the morning its hard on her because her nose is all grosse and worry bc she starts school in \september and i dont want other kids to pick on her for it. Any ideas waht i can do?

sunshine26466

Asked by sunshine26466 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• take her to a another doctor
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:09 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• even though she already saw three?
    sunshine26466

Comment by sunshine26466 (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Maybe nothing is wrong with her. It is hat time of the year where those signs show, it may be spring allergies or her getting the cold often. Try giving her lots of vitamin c among other vitamins. Wait till the summer and if she is the very same way take your concern the doctor again.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• she has had this nose thing since 3 months old
    sunshine26466

Comment by sunshine26466 (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Poor baby!!! I wish I could help. Good Luck and all my prayers to u.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:29 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My DS's ENT is trying Flonase with Claritin on my 4 yr old before taking out his adenoids.... it can't hurt to try the allergy meds to see if it helps. My DS always had a clear runny nose until I started this treatment ... it's so much better now!! It took about 2 weeks to see some improvement.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• It could be an allergy to casein (milk protein). I thought my son was dealing with allergies BUT it was a cerebral allergy (cerebral allergies are allergies to gluten, casein, soy, corn, and some others things; they typically affect behavior but can have physical symptoms like you describe). Most doctors won't test for these (the testing is called ELISA testing) but you don't have to see a doctor to test it out yourself. My son's symptoms went away after 1 week of eliminating dairy from his diet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My DD use to have symptoms like that before we started allergy meds -- she also had to have tubes, but between the two, she is a totally different child! And I am one HAPPY mom! G'luck!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2011