Gestational diabetes

well i failed the 1st test and i am really scared cause i cant stand needles. I found out that i have a thyroid problem which they game me meds for that. i guess is how did yall take it.

momma2besohappy

Asked by momma2besohappy at 12:11 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sorry to hear that hope everything gets better :)
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:13 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I had that too during my pregnancy. They didn't give me any type of treament I just had to check my blood sugar. Eveything came back good but they just kept telling me I had it.
    sleepy_cloud

Answer by sleepy_cloud at 12:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I was put on insulin with my first pregnancy and they almost killed me 2 days after the baby was born by giving me insulin. My body reverted back after I had the baby. It's NOT a needle like giving blood or getting a shot. You do what you have to in order to survive and deliver a healthy baby. You CAN do anything you put your mind to. Fears are only bad if you let them control you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I passed the second test but it's awful. The orange stuff is so sugary it burned my throat and they wouldn't let me take sips of water to wash it down. Hopefully you won't have to go farther than 2nd test.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I had this with my son... controlled it all with diet changes... and checking my blood sugar often... it was a piece of cake.. .ok, more like a low carb, no cake thing... but not so bad after all. If you have to do the insulin thing ask for the pen... the neddle is so small you won't notice it!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:42 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i had this with my son i had to control my diet and check my blood sugar that was pretty much it i didnt have to go on insulin or anything
    meg1213

Answer by meg1213 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I don't do that test with my pregnancies.
    Sorry you're having a hard time~ wishing you the best!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:01 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i was upset had it with both of mine but controlled it with diet only, you will be ok.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2011