Do you think it's wrong for a group to block you for starting your own group?

Not to mention any groups by name, but I have been blocked from two different profile groups because I decided to start my own. I thought we were all supposed to help each other out here on Cafemom but I guess I was wrong. Are they afraid I'll take away their members? With the attitudes they have that may be the issue. I have tried to communicate with the offending parties and they won't even message me back. What do you think?

zoebellesmom

Asked by zoebellesmom at 6:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in About CafeMom

• They are true whiners.....so many people are on here now. Ignore them, I don't know where this territorial thing got started but it's BS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Competition among some of the groups is fierce. Try to look at from their POV. Maybe they think the reason you joined their group was to steal ideas. Paranoid maybe but it does happen fairly often. As group owners they have a responsibility to protect their members from trolls. I would think under some circumstances that it would be reasonable to block a person for this and as a GO I can say that it easier to just assume worst case all the time than spend time checking out each case on it's own. In some groups ( the graphic groups esp) that could take a lot of time. Sorry this happened, try not to take it personally.

ImNewHere

Answer by ImNewHere at 12:27 AM on Dec. 2, 2008