Name-brand clothing...paying for quality, or waste of money?

lovinlifewith5

Asked by lovinlifewith5 at 12:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Shopping

• I think that all depends on the brand...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Iv bought very pricey brand name and had them fall apart faster than some cheap brands. Paying more does NOT mean you get quality. Sometimes your just paying the designer for the privileged of wearing their cloths. Tommy Hilfiger can pay ME if he wants me to wear his crappy cloths!! LOL
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• some of it i think is worth it b/c it's more durable but some i do buy off brands b/c i know my kids are either just gonna ruin them or grow out of them. i used to buy alot of wal-mart brand stuff but it seems lately even their stuff has gone way down in quality
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• depends on the name brand. Find the ones that dont stain, rip or fray easily and buy them. i refuse to buy walmart or gerber clothes. they stain too easy so i only go to stage (bealls) or jcp or sears (but sears sucks too sometimes) I LOVE gymboree jeans though!!! they ROCK and TARGET is amazing too!!!
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 12:41 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I had hand me downs and they were still fine without being expensive brand name clothes.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 12:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• depends on where you get it. Most name brands are a waste of money
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I think it depends on if your are buying for your kids or youself. My kids grow too fast for it to be worth it for me to buy them new name brands. DH and myself like to have things that will last, but at an affordable price
    admiring_u_14

Answer by admiring_u_14 at 12:44 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i think it depends on the brand.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 1:06 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Name brand doesn't always mean good quality clothing. I knew someone that used to sew jeans for a living. Those same jeans went to different well known companies that then sewed their labels in them.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:08 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Depends. The Limited is low quality, over priced. Express is good quality, good price. When it comes to Juicy, Coach, Burberry, Prada, Versace, black Friday is the best day to get in season good price! Macy's clearance usually high higher end on sale, NICE stuff. Great quality.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:13 AM on Apr. 11, 2011