I have a friend that has 3 kids and are out of control

They came to visit and after they left my 7 year old autistic son, started acting like them. I enjoy the friendship with my friends but I am not sure I can take the attitude of my son after they leave. Any advise?

sweetangie79

Asked by sweetangie79 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Don't let the kids come over anymore. Flat out tell her. If she is your true friend she will understand. If she is a fair weather friend she'll be a bitch about. Either way you win. Because if she is a bitch about it then she wasn't a real friend to begin with :)
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:52 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Sorry I don't really but this is the very reason why my daughter cant go around her cousin. She is out of control and isn't disciplined.
    There is no way to approach your friend without coming off as rude. Maybe try and tell her some of the things they did wrong that s not okay in your home.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:52 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• They have a much different way to "parent there children". There have been other issues I just don't want to seam like the bad guy.
    sweetangie79

Comment by sweetangie79 (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• This is the second time Mikey has had major issues after they left. So some major distance is the best solution. Thank you all.
    sweetangie79

Comment by sweetangie79 (original poster) at 2:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• You should be fun to be with as well as strict for discipline..this is all upto your friend. Its very important to be strict with kids nowadays.
    morrisfrancoise

Answer by morrisfrancoise at 4:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Go someplace neutral like a park or mall playground that way when the kids start acting out you can seperate with an excuse and leave. Personally I would discipline her kids in front of her and if she had anything to say about the verbal exchange I had with her kids I'd tell her I'll felt about it. We might not be friends again or maybe she would welcome the help but whatever the case my kid would know mommy doesn't tollerate that behavior not even from other people's kids.
    LisaNSienna

Answer by LisaNSienna at 8:00 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• they need to know what kind of behavior is acceptable when they are in your company. i aggree with LisaNSienna.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 9:17 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Your house, your rules! Make it clear that the behavior is NOT ok in your house. Use you son as an excuse if you need to..
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2011