I have a friend

that likes to bad mouth another good friend of mine. When the other lady showed up she was all nice and acted like they were best friends. I haven't said anything to either party about it, cause I don't want to be in the middle of it and neither does my husband. Several of my other friends have just told me to give up on Mrs gossip. I don't know if what she say's is true and I don't care. Is there any nice way to tell her that I don't want to hear her bad mouth anyone?

sweetangie79

Asked by sweetangie79 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• There is no nice way. Personally Mrs gossip wouldn't be a friend of mine because if she bad mouths her friends behind their backs more then likely she is bad mouthing you behind yours.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Tell her straight up you are friends with both of them and are uncomfortable hearing negative things about her and if the other girl said anything you would tell her the same
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• This girl was a problem in school and it doesn't seam like much has changed.
    sweetangie79

Comment by sweetangie79 (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Lol, I just tell them straight."I have no intention to come off as rude but honestly I don't participate in others affairs. So, if you don't mind, change the subject, cause I'd love the chat, or spread the word somewhere else."
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Tell her you're not interested in gossip and consider dropping the bad-mouthing friend. What kind of real "friend" bad mouths another friend unless it related to you somehow?
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:26 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Poeple like that..........................

She probley, talks about "YOU ALSO"????

Ever thought of that.

I would not tell her anything personal at all . ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have decided to dump said friend, DH agrees and it will be alot easier. Hubby and I have other friends that seam to be agree with what is said here. Thank you all.
    sweetangie79

Comment by sweetangie79 (original poster) at 2:35 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• INTERVENTION!!! If you say she has had this prob since high school maybe it's because nobody has ever confronted her about it. Sit her ass down and let her have it. At least if your friendship dies after, you know you tried to help the girl.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Some people are just like that, either ignore it or stay away from her...whichever you feel necessary.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 8:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Well the next time your with her and she starts saying mean/bad stuff tell her "xxx is my friend and I don't like to bad mouth her, can you please refrain while around me>?" if she cant then ask her to leave or you leave. Make it clear that this is a deal breaker. However she will be talking about you as well. Just be prepared.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2011