I am pregnant with my 3 child, with my other 2 i did not smoke , but then a couple of months ago, i started , then found out a was pregnant, i want to quit so bad, I know smoking isnt healthy for the baby and me, and im trying I have cut down but im having trouble quitting completly, pls if anyone know what to do, pls let me know im deperate. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Just think how bad its going to hurt to see your baby with problems. Like if its low bitch weight, how bad are you going to feel knowing its your fault. I am NOT trying to be mean! This really did work for me!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Try just smoking one less a day until you quit and replace smoking that one cig. with something else positive.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:26 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I smoked with all three of mine and my dr said that I needed to "wean" myself off it because quitting cold turkey can out the baby thru withdrawal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Hard candy and suckers were a big help for me, especially the suckers since it gave my hands something to do as well, lol! A friend of mine cut a straw in half and carried it around all day to chew on and hold between her fingers.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 7:51 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I was a "social" smoker when I found out, not a full blown smoker though. At first it was hard to not smoke when I had the urge, because I felt like I had lost that freedom because of the baby. If I felt like I had to have one, I had one...but only a few times. After a while I just didn't crave it anymore. I've stopped completely for a long time now and my baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead, so don't beat yourself up about it. Trying is all you can do! Good luck!
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 9:02 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• smoking isnt the worst thing you could do...as bad as that sounds. plenty of people smoke through their whole pregnancy, i have one once in awhlie, and nothing is wrong yet. dont stress too much, just dont go out and smoke a pack a day either!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• if you have only been smokin for a couple of months you shouldnt have a problem stoppin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• If i feel that i need a cig. i just take one or two drags. but thats it for the whole day. me i just stay away from people that smoke. and being pregnant going in to buy cigs makes you feel like people are thinking your a bad mom. my boyfriend smokes but i only light his cigarette for him.
    Anonymous

• ty you all so very much, this has been a big help...... as to the comment " if I have only been smoking for a couple of months, its should not be hard to stop" well every person is different, this isnt the 1st time ive tried to stop, and I know its casue of the nicotine, now yes I have gotten better but I want to quit all together, we are all made differently, so becasue it might be easy for one to stop because the have only been smoking for a few months, it might be quite the opposite for someone else. I am going to take all the positive answers you guys have given me and use it, yesterday i had had 3 as compared to a whole pack when I 1st started smoking, plus yes I still crave them, but not nearly as much. ty all so very much.
    Anonymous