I know I need to lose weight

Just need someone to push me and motivate me....like knocking on my door and telling me lets go work out....what motivates you to lose weight

suhweetness

Asked by suhweetness at 2:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Summer lol. Knowing that I need to lose a little bit of weight to fit into the cute shorts I bought. Plus the fact that I had gallbladder issues related to diet and being overweight, and since I've been eating low sodium, low fat and no dairy for over a year and a half, I have lost 50 lbs already. :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:21 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i walk 3flights of stairs every day , i go for walk when i can ,i eat less
    i have lost over 250lbs so if i can do it so can you at 53yrs i look good in skinny jeans from size 22 to size 14
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I wrote out a list of reasons why I want/need to lose weight. I read that when I need a little push. I've lost 58 lbs, and I think about how far I've come, and I think about carrying that extra load all day again. How much weight do you want to lose? Pick up a load of some kind that weighs that much, and consider that you're carrying that around EVERYWHERE you go right now. That just AMAZES me. I have a son who is 29 lbs, and I think about the fact that I've lost TWO of him! That's just nuts! I'm aiming to lose a total of 134 (to my goal weight of 135). We all fall off the wagon, lose motivation, etc, and it's getting back on the horse and charging forward without getting completely derailed that's important. Don't let one slip up totally mess up what you've already done. Good luck!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i need to lose weight to ive read all or heard all the advice .mine is willpower if theres apiece of cake and a healthy dessert id take the apple. i think you need a buddy id like to be your buddy. you need to have someone whose in the same position good luck
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 3:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• The scale,
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Just remembering how I feel after a good workout. that's what gets me going when I don't feel like it. I know that I'll regret not doing it, but never regret going.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 2:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Willpower must come from within. Only you can motivate yourself for the long haul.

My motivation came from wanting to be in shape before my metabolism started slowing; to reduce my risks for heart disease and Alzheimer's; and to look and feel good in general. Everyday I either run (3-5 miles), or walk hills (same distance), with yoga sprinkled here and there. Circuit training is an excellent workout, too.

Making healthier food choices doesn't need to be difficult. Rid your kitchen of junk foods, fish sticks, candy, chips, and anything else gross and empty that comes in a sealed container. Learn to cook from scratch. Eat and cook from whole grains, lots of fruits and vegetables, lean proteins (chicken, fish, tofu), and nuts. Eat less cheese. Avoid protein shakes--they're just extra calories. Drink more water/tea and less soda.

Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 6:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• (continued)
    Pay attention to portion sizes and use measuring cups if necessary.

Learn to make "either or" decisions. For instance, if you go out to eat at a restaurant, along with your entree you can order a drink OR an appetizer OR a dessert.

Enjoy your meals while seated at a table. Don't eat while standing or driving or watching TV.

Avoid eating after dinner. If you get hungry between meals, drink hot tea or have a piece of fruit.

You can do it.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 6:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I give myself reasons to want to work out. For example, I set goals for my self then it just feels amazing when i accomplish them i feel so prou of my self. I also try and get my whole family involved. I take my kids on short runs with me maybe just around my neighborhood. My husband runs with me at times too. It feels good to have them there beside me.
    mom102983

Answer by mom102983 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• trying to get last summers shorts on
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2011