Will Placenta Previa Go Away?

I was diagnosed at about 17 weeks with complete placenta previa and it's making me pretty nervous. I am about 20 weeks now. I'm wondering other moms experiences with this and do you think it will go away? I really want a healthy baby and healthy pregnancy and delivery. What are chances my placenta will move up as he grows?

boxer09

Asked by boxer09 at 3:04 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It isn't uncommon for a partial prveia to move far enough to not be a big issue. Complete previas usually do not...but you are only 17 weeks so there is a chance it could. Follow the OB's instructions to the letter.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:32 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have heard of it going away. A friend of mine had placenta previa, it didn't go away, but she had an otherwise healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Just be sure to do like GrnEyedGrandma said, follow your OB's instructions... everything should be fine! Good luck!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 3:42 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I am 29 weeks pregnant today, and last friday when i went to my high risk OB-GYN he informed me that my COMPLETE PREVIA had corrected itself. So, to answer your question, YES previa can go away, not always, but sometimes.. Just follow your doctors orders to the letter, and hope for the best like i have. GOOD LUCK !
    sianniona

Answer by sianniona at 10:44 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• GrnEyedGrandma: yes, i really am trying to stay in bed most of the time. it's hard because my grandfather was just diagnosed with advanced cancer but i know i have limits. and no i'm 20 weeks currently but i was diagnosed at 17 weeks.

thx tiffanynichols :)

sianniona: that made me feel relieved that it can go away. i'm just really nervous about this whole thing. im only 20 years old so the scare of a maybe c section yikes. what did you do so that i can do the same?
    boxer09

Comment by boxer09 (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Apr. 12, 2011