How long after giving birth did you wait to have sex? adult content

TommyViolet

Asked by TommyViolet at 3:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• They say wait 6 weeks, but honestly that was almost 5 years ago, lol I can't remember how long we waited. Our sex life was horrible.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 3:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I think the doctor told me to wait either 4 or 6 weeks (don't quite remember).
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 3:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Drs. say 6 weeks. I waited 6 weeks with one, I waited 6 months with one (he was deployed) and 5 DAYS with one..lol. All c-sections. The one at 5 days..we hadn't been allowed to have sex since I was 16 weeks and on bedrest till delivery.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• 6 weeks exactly
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:29 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• 12 weeks..
    morrisfrancoise

Answer by morrisfrancoise at 4:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• 6 weeks or until you get your check with your gp, check everything has healed ect
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 6:27 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My midwife gave us the ok at 4 weeks, but Dh was still too tramatized so we waited until about 7 weeks until he was comfortable with it.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 7:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I waited a couple months even though the dr gave the ok to after 6 weeks. It's not that I didn't want to, I was just too scared of how much it would hurt!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:46 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• 2 weeks with my first and 3.5 weeks with my second.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:03 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i waited the 6 weeks like the doctor told me to. i was to sore and scared to do it before. i was soooo afraid it was going to hurt and i didnt want to take a change of having another one so soon. im paranoid. LOL. and thats around the time the bleeding stopped...
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 9:12 AM on Apr. 11, 2011