Earlier and earlier

My 8 month old keeps waking up earlier and earlier everyday. I put her down at the same time and she wakes up earlier than the day before. She use to wake up at 7:30 but than we had the time change so that it made it 6:30. Than for the past week shes been waking up at 6 am. Now today she woke up at 5:30. The other night I tried putting her down later but still she woke up at 6. I really not sure what to do b/c she wakes up at 6 am and I usually put her to sleep around 7-7:30 pm. If anyone has any advice that would be GREAT! I'm tired and shes also tired.

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 7:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Man, I saw something about this on a medical show once! I cant friggin remember anything about it though. Call her pedi and let them know whats going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Ha, my DD is almost 8 mo and has progressively gone from 7am to waking at 4:30am. If someone gives you a great solution.....msg me. I'm practically a walking zombie by now.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:27 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• What to do? Go to bed earlier. LOL that's what I do.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:29 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Are the windows covered? Is it dark when she wakes up? I wouldn't pick her up. Pat her back and try to sing her back to sleep. Is she straight up crying when you get her? Or just fussing a little? Do you let her cry it out? If she's not really freaking out then just let her go for a while and see if she'll go back to sleep. My daughter started doing that out of the blue. One day she just stopped. Maybe she's growing and she's hungry a little earlier. If letting her put herself back to sleep isn't working then keep it dark in there and give her a bottle in the rocker (if you want) and then put her back down and see if she'll go back.
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 8:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Also, my daughter gets up at 6 everyday. Unfortunately I realized that she's just going to do that so i so I started putting her to bed at 6. Plus, I make sure she gets plenty of rest during the day (3-5 hrs). Believe it or not...they sleep better when they get better rest during the day. If she doesn't go back to sleeping until 7:30...don't worry, your body will adjust and you won't be so tired. I can't sleep any later than 6 now. Even if she oversleeps I just sit there and wait...it's terrible. I figure, as long as it's not dark outside, i'll be alright!
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 9:05 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• try shortening her naps during the day that's what i did for my son. I dodn't notlet him nap i just had to put him down for a shorter time. ifshe's waking up earlier she's getting all of the sleep she needs sometime right?
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 10:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• The best thing to do is put a baby to sleep when the are tired and when they go to sleep you go to sleep. If you try to keep her up she is going to get over tired and when babies are over tired they tend to not sleep as well. I respectfully do not agree with taking shorter naps babies need a lot of sleep probably around 15 hours a day,,, and the naps will keep them from being to cranky to sleep well at night Read this http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_newborn/sleep/sleep812m.html
    KiaiMomma

Answer by KiaiMomma at 10:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2008