BRUSHING TEETH

AT WHAT AGE CAN I USE TOOTHPASTE TO BRUSH MY CHILDRENS TEETH?

BUBBLES1121

Asked by BUBBLES1121 at 4:35 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I brushed my baby girls teeth as soon as she got one year old but be gentle
    clementhia

Answer by clementhia at 4:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• WITH TOOTHPASTE?
    BUBBLES1121

Comment by BUBBLES1121 (original poster) at 4:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• WHAT KIND OF TOOTHPASTE?
    BUBBLES1121

Comment by BUBBLES1121 (original poster) at 4:41 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My lil girl got her first teeth at age 4 months old. I didn't brush them unil she had like eight teeth in there. I used the toddler toothpaste and the brush that came with it until she was two years old. She then picked out her own toothpaste in the kid's section at the grocery store. Now she is 3-1/2 and uses my colgate but a very little bit. My LO knows it is harmful to swallow it and she does a very good job at spitting it out. I brush for her once a day because 'she just doesn't have the dexterity to brush them well enough in the back on her own' - dentist said.
    LisaNSienna

Answer by LisaNSienna at 7:41 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• they have toddlers toothpaste that we use on our 4 year old I can't think of the brand right now but I know Walmart sells it and it is right with the other toothpastes
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:47 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• They have baby toothpaste you can use whenever. They sell it at Wal-Mart and it comes with a little finger brush to massage and clean baby's gums. In the same section you will find stages of toothpastes and brushes. If your not sure as your pedi or your dentist.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 7:59 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• they have toothpast for ALL ages. ask the dentist. go to walmart and they have some that goes with the "stages" of your child.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 9:06 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I've always had the boys brush with age appropriate toothpaste.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:09 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• sINCE LIKE 6 moths.There are toothbrushes and pastes for all ages and I strongly suggest starting as soon as possible.
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Toddler toothpaste up to age 2, then you can use any toothpaste. Kids usually prefer the fruity ones over the minty ones.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2011