Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just need a little support now(super long)

About 3 years ago I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety attacks. I got through it with counseling. It was all brought on by my exhusband(father of my child). He was pretty horrible, mentally abusive with other very destructive behaviors. I got through it, but in the process it ruined a relationship with my exboyfriend who was a really good guy. I got through that break up really well and have moved on. My boyfriend now, I've been with for almost a year and he's absolutely amazing. My ex-h and his girlfriend have started getting out of control again. I think when their life really sucks they blame me. My ex-h has defaulted on a home we own together(he took all responsibility in divorce) and was super shady about it, now the bank is getting ready to come after me. I'm super stressed about it and my boyfriend offered to call ex-h to get whatever info he could. I'm happy I was at least able to see the humor in my ex-h and his gf getting so ticked about him calling. They won't even allow me to have ex-h's phone number, I must call or text her first and she may or may not let him call me. Sometimes it's a week later and when it's convenient he never got the call. Anyway hours later I got several texts telling me I better handle my own shit, from gf's cell phone, ha! I never responded, she always has to have the last word and I know they will never see their own faults. I'm starting to slip back into depression again, I just can't deal with people like this. I don't want to do anything, not even eat, play with my child, or talk to my boyfriend. I have other things to add to the stress, my parents are divorcing, I have a new job, my boyfriend had a surgery that actually worsened his condition, plus we're in a LDR. I don't have the time to see a counseler again. I just need some support, I'm afraid to put all this on my boyfriend, he realizes I'm stressed and does what he can. I just don't want to burden him so much when he's in a lot of pain and really can't do too much about it. I don't really have a question, I think I just need to hear I'll get through this.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Health

Answers (5)
  • You should talk to your BF. You should be able to tell him everything.

    Answer by louise2 at 6:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • First, if your ex took all responsiblity for the house in the divorce and it was put in the decree, take the paperwork to the bank and show the loan officer. There may be a way to keep the bank from coming after you for his stupidity.

    Second, if your bf loves you and is as amazing as you say he is, he will and can help you through this, no matter what. Keeping him on the sidelines will only hurt your relationship. Your motives are only for his good, but that still doesnt make them right. He will want to be there for you, not feel as if you don't trust him with all your heart. Talk to him.

    Answer by CandyceG at 6:59 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • I agree with Candy, if he took responsibility in the divorce and it was put in writing then take the papers to the bank, or make a copy and fax or send them to them. If it wasn't put in the decree I'm not sure what you can do other than suing your ex...which if the house was in both of your names you are both responsible for it....therefore if the bank comes after you, then you sue ex h. There is always bankruptcy as the last resort, only you know the extent of your bills and the crap your ex causes. Stop texting his girlfriend to get to him...that's bull and shows some severe immaturity on both of their parts, if he's left out of the loop he is...once they don't hear from you for awhile he'll suggestion is to call and talk to the bank, it may be that they aren't coming after you, and your ex is trying to stress you out. Good Luck.

    Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • I think you need to get a free consultation with a lawyer. Once they know whats going on....they will take care of the rest. You wont have to worry about anything. You can also have him include their fee as part of the payment on the suit, so you wont have to pay anything. Good luck.

    Answer by Wish2Be at 7:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • I agree on talking to a lawyer.

    Answer by KTMOM at 10:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.