Large Breasted momma's who BF adult content

Were you able to successfully BF your baby? I was talking to a friend who is pregnant who is naturally a HH, so she's scared about breast feeding (she jokes that her breasts will weigh more than the baby! Lol). I went from a 38 C to a 44DDD *and I only gained 10 lbs, so it wasn't just getting fat* I found it to be very cumbersome. I would have to hoist whatever breast she was nursing from up or she would get lost underneath it, and hold her. And my nipples just got so big, my lactation consultant kept telling me to put my ENTIRE nipple in her mouth and it just wouldn't fit, I felt like I was gagging her. Maybe it was just me... but I would like to know if anyone else had problems with large breasts!

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 7:06 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't have big boobs, but my dear friend has HUGE ones (don't ask me the exact size because I don't know, lol) and she has successfully breastfed all 4 of her children til around the age of 2. To my knowledge, she never had any problems.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:13 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I was in a 50 DDD when it was all said and done. I had flush nipples but wore a latex nipple guard to help her latch on and when I wasn't breastfeeding I wore a cup in my bra to try and get my nipple to come out.  It never did and I just ended up pumping and feeding via bottle. My boobs were big and awkward anyway  I was so afraid I was gonna suffocate her. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:13 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have large breasts 42F and it I prop the boob up with a towel or something while he nurses. He never latched on properly and just nurses from the nipple (no areola). It hurt a lot at first but after 4-6 weeks I got used to it. He is 4 months old now and we are nursing fine. It's our 'normal'. Don't worry about it - everyone struggles with something. My biggest pain is my back. My DH gives me regular back massages and I always love a hot hot shower on it. I'm hoping to get to the gym soon to offset this weight gain. Ugh! I thought I was supposed to lose weight after the babe was born but I seem to be gaining while trying to keep up milk supply. Any thoughts on that?
    LisaNSienna

Answer by LisaNSienna at 7:21 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• LisaNSienna--- idk about still gaining weight. I lost weight like crazy while nursing. I gained it all back once I quit nursing though! lol I tried the nipple shields but I found them to be very very messy. They would fill with milk then dd would un-latch and all the milk would spill out. I eventually found it easier to pump and bottle feed like Luvmygirlz did.
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 7:32 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have large breasts and was able to breastfeed with no problems.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I'm in a 40DDD and when I breastfed my son, the only problem I really had was getting him to latch on. I had to use a nipple shield because otherwise, he just couldn't latch. I also had to kind of hold my breast the whole time he fed because his little face would, like, get buried in my breast and I was scared he wouldn't be able to breathe.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 7:53 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have 36H and yes the boobs are bigger than a newborn! I always fed in the football hold or lying on my side and had no issues bf my two children.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:09 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• 36G and no problems here. I got my nipple in there but NOT the entire areola. I also had to hold my breast tissue away from her nose.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• well i do have big breats but that wasnt a problem for me but i have innies and so that was a problem because the baby had nothing to latch onto so they gave me a suction cup to put on and he sucked off that mayb that will help you it will suck your nipple in that and the baby can use that to drink hope its helpful
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I'm large breasted.....a 38F or H (depending). i had a very hard time. It's like one hand held the baby and one hand had to hold the breast back from his nose. I also had a problem with milk production, not to do with size, but it was hard.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011