Do you use a mattress for your bassinet?

Is it really necessary to get a mattress for your bassinet. I use cotton cloth at my place to put in as a support wherever my child is. I don't have a bassinet but since i plan to buy it.. I wanted to know whether it comes with the bassinet or we have buy it separately? Is there a need to buy it?

morrisfrancoise

Asked by morrisfrancoise at 7:52 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The bassinet I have came with one. It's not really a mattress though. It's more of just a thin pad, almost like a flat pillow.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 7:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I had 2 bassinets for my twins. Both came with a mattress. One was about 3/4 inch. The other was a board with batting and a sheet of vinyl over it. Most come with a mattress.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:04 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• yes, our bassinet had a mattress
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:04 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• the bassinets usually have a mattress included
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It is better to use a bassinet mattress. Whether you take a crib or a cradle or a bassinet, mattresses are essential. This is because the cotton cloth cushioning is good but does not provide an effective support to the back. A good mattress will give baby’s body a support and will help them in sleeping better. We recently purchased this bassinet mattress from ababy.com. It is a high density foam mattress and is equipped with an easy to clean fabric.

lydiasinger

Answer by lydiasinger at 6:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2011