Post-Waxing Blues

So I had some waxing done on the sides of my face, to get rid of those annoying and gross fine white hairs. But after the waxing I had two problems: a.) the wax left behind a residue and no matter how much scrubbing I did, it wouldn't come off, which meant I couldn't blend makeup over it; and b.) it gave me acne. Any suggestions for avoiding or correcting these problems if I wax again? It seems like I either have to have sideburns or acne, and I can't win! LOL

sariejack

Asked by sariejack at 7:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• The salon didn't use a wax removing lotion after they waxed? I always use a wax removing lotion after I wax a client. The acne may have been caused by irritating the skin with too much vigorous scrubbing.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:36 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I am a licensed hairstylist and I have never heard of a residue being left behind. The warmth of the wax opened your pores making it easier to get acne. Make sure to properly wash your face before and after a wax.

wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 11:11 AM on Dec. 3, 2008