Has anybody on here had spinal fusion surgery?

If any women on here have had spinal fusion surgery I was just wondering if you were able to get an epidural and if you had to have a c-section.

I had this surgery back in '05 and I'm now 28 weeks pregnant.
With 12 weeks to go, I'm wondering if I'm going to need to have a c-section or what?

I'd appreciate the inputs.

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 8:00 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had back surgery in 97. I had scolosis and they fused my back from neck to tail bone. I was not able to have an epidural but my son was also breech. So I had to be put to sleep for a c-section. I would think if your baby was in the correct position they would prefer you try natural birth if an epidural is not possible. Have you talked to your Dr. about it? I took my back x-rays to the Dr. so he knew exactly what he was dealing with.
    J.P

Answer by J.P at 1:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• It's a nurse midwife that I see and she saw my spinal fusion reports. She said that it all depends on what the anesthesiologist wants to do. I had the same surgery you had. I hope my son is not breech. I really don't want to be put to sleep for a c-section.
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2011