Can u ovulate on different days each month? my cycle is sometimes is every 28 or 29 days. And i was trying to figure out when my fertile days could have been if my last cycle was on 3/24?

aprilrb81

Asked by aprilrb81 at 8:20 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• The day you ovulate is a set day prior to your period. The average is 12-16 days before.

If your cycle is 28-29 days, you will ovulate between days 12-16 but every woman ovulates the same day of their cycle. I have a 31 day cycle and ovulate on day 15.

If your last period started on 3/24, you would have ovulated between 4th-8th.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes you can. Ovulation is not an exact science. Before getting PG, I charted for over a year. My ovulation was NOT on the same day of my cycle. Sure, it was close, but not always the same day. My cycles ran between 26 and 30 days, with 28 being my normal.

I would suggest tracking your temps to get a better understanding of your body. You will start to see a pattern, and if you don't then that could be a major problem in getting PG.

Good Luck!
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• As SouthernMama08 said, ovulation is not exact. Our bodies are not clocks.

Ovulation usually occurs 11-16 days prior to your next period; you're most fertile in the 2-3 days before that. Many women have the same luteal phase (time between ovulation and next period) every cycle, but not all. For example, a woman with regular, 28-day cycles, may ovulate on day 14 every month; likewise, a woman with very irregular cycles may have a period anywhere from 25-50 days, but always a 13-day luteal phase. However, there are women (like me) whose luteal phase changes every month; "normal" for me is 10-14 days, averaging 12 days. There can also be occasional cycles when ovulation doesn't occur, even in the most "regular" of women.

In a nutshell--unless you chart and know when you ovulate, there's no way to tell. Once your period starts, you can count backwards to get a rough estimate, but that's all it is.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

•  

Try to use this ovulation calendar tool http://www.ovulationcalendarsoftware.com/ to trace your cycle and find the date of ovulation.

aromatikas

Answer by aromatikas at 2:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2011