Do you floss?

Be honest. Do you floss? Everyday? Once a week? Only right before you go to the dentist?

I floss about every other day. I used to hate it, but I hated it more when I went to the dentist and my gums bled. Now, I find that if I just do it every other day at least that my gums are awesome and going to the dentist isn't bad at all.

Plus, flossing can prevent heart disease!

SherriPie

Asked by SherriPie at 8:34 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Health

• Flossing can help prevent heart disease? Didn't know that; I will definitely be stepping up my flossing game then. Thanks
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:46 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes, I floss. Took me a long time to want to but now I feel quite a diifference if I don't. And yeah, it is a lot easier on the gums when I go to the dentist.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:57 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I do every night.

Answer by Bmat at 9:14 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I usually floss every other day. It always irritates my gums, but I want to keep my mouth clean. I also use an electric toothbrush and have had GREAT dental visits ever since I started.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes, it can help prevent heart disease. It has something to do with the bacteria can get in your bloodstream and attach to the fatty plaques in your arteries, making the plaques more swollen.
    Interesting fact!!
    SherriPie

Comment by SherriPie (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Myself and my kiddos floss at least once a day. We try to do it at least twice, but that doesnt always happen.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:01 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Everyday! My gums weren't doing so good and in one year I was able to improve them to almost perfect with flossing and mouthwash. I feel horrible if I run out of floss and can't floss for a day.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have to confess I dont do it to often maybe 3 times a week. I need to start doing it everyday
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 1:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• To be honest, I rarely floss but I am trying to fix that!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I floss every day. I have to. If I do not, I havve food stuck in my teeth and I hate that.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2011