Cystic Hygroma on ultrasound....what to ask the doctor?

Hi Mommas...

Thank you all who answered my previous question about cystic hygroma.
A little background for those who didnt see it, last week a cystic hygroma was found on our baby during the 9 week ultrasound. We're scheduled for another ultrasound later this week to see if it's still there. If it is, we'll be scheduled for a CVS to check for chromosomal abnormalities....and then go from there.

In addition to asking questions on here, I've been doing a lot of my own research. There seems to be a lot that is correlated with cystic hydroma such as hydrops, sepation (sp?), size of cyst....
I want to ask if you all can help me be prepared for the doctor's appointment and help me come up with a list of questions to ask him. I want to get the most out of the appointment in order to make the best possible decisions...

Thanks in advance!

Munchkin09

Asked by Munchkin09 at 8:37 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Since babies with other defects get these most often I'd ask what if anything else the baby could be facing, what the prognosis is for your child, What course of action you are going to take to monitor or treat his/her condition and What you should expect in the coming weeks and months. So sorry your baby is sick and I wish you all the luck and good fortune for a happy healthy baby.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2011