How do you handle a 10 year old boy who constantly squeals on his sister?

My 10 year old son feels he has to tell me everything about his youngest sister who is 9 years old. He thinks he is protecting her, but sometimes I feel like he is trying to either get her in trouble or make himself look good. They are inseparable and get along for the most part very well. Please help?

Chiqui52

Asked by Chiqui52 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Tell him he only needs to tell you if she is having trouble, is hurt, etc. Have a discussion about what you need to know. Make it clear it is not necessary to come to you constantly.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:51 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Maybe tell him that you miss talking to him about stuff other than what his sister does? Ask him questions like : What did you do at school? Tell me the funniest thing that happened today? What did you have for lunch? Avoid yes/no questions. Good luck!
    since_3.18.93

Answer by since_3.18.93 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Be happy your son wants to talk to you
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:53 AM on Apr. 19, 2011