How do you stay awake???

There are some mornings when I just CANNOT get up and around with my son. I just lay on the couch while he watches Sesame Street until I can gain some brain function haha. I can't drink coffee every day because I have acid reflux and the pains not worth the energy so any suggestions??

jspenny2705

Asked by jspenny2705 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• B COMPLEX vitamins all the way! I used to be sooo tired i swore i had thyroid issues or something (wouldn't hurt to get it checked) My doctor recommended them to me and they WORK! You might not reaize it but if u skip a day or two of the vitamin you'll notice the difference. NOT that there is anything wrong with lounging when you can get it in! Especialy with kids i know i have 6 so if theyr quietly doing anything i still try to relax. You deserve it!
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• well I take acid reflux meds so I can HAVE coffee. And besides whats wrong with laying on the couch while your son watches Sesame Street? Worked when my kids were little lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i do the same thing, sometimes i cant help but doze off on the couch when my kids are quietly watching tv, i dont pass out, i can hear whats going on around me it just feels like my eyes need to rest some more. i dont think there is anything wrong with it. have you tried going to bed earlier? or jump right into the shower when you wake up? try to stay busy in the morning, force yourself to do thinkgs around the house. it works for me sometimes. good luck.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 9:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I do the same thing in the mornings. I normally get him up and sit with him while he drinks his milk. After that, he wants to run around and play so I sit on the couch near him, drink my coffee and read the newspaper until he wants me to play with him. I've noticed that if I open the curtains up in the mornings, it helps me feel more awake. Also splashing cold water on my face helps to. Good Luck!
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:04 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Some days I lay on the couch while they watch TV too. I don't drink coffee, because I think it's disgusting, so I have to rely on my own body to eventually wake up.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:14 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Go to bed earlier? That is what I have had to do.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i no theres sumtimes i cant wake up but if you allow yourself a few more mins and use your mom ears you will hear him if you need to then it might help to wake up quicker instead of you fighting it and it lasting longer
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I'm normally on the medication too but I don't currently have medical insurance and can't afford it atm. =/ I have no problem with laying on the couch while he watches TV but I don't like the feeling that I'm gonna doze off haha.
    jspenny2705

Comment by jspenny2705 (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Sounds like you may not be getting enough rest at night.
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 11:10 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Sounds like you are not getting enough sleep
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 11, 2011