Why is my step son wetting the bed and dirtying his underwear now he hasn't been doing this he is 3.

This is my step son he is 3 i also have a daughter that is 3 they both are potty trained my daughter will on occasion wet the bed but my son would not until now. He has also started messing his underwear i'm lost. His behavior isnt the best either when he gets in trouble he will do awkward things like urinate in his room I'm lost. Thanks for the responses Those ideas were kindof where i was going with my thoughts. We won custody of him his mother lives in another state and is an avid drug user so i cannot say what he was exposed to during his last few months with her. I have heard stories of what may or may not went on. We are being patient with him and somtimes it is so confusing for me i am use to my daughter not a son so i know patience is the the key here

hebermom

Asked by hebermom at 8:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If there has been something new introduced into his life then that could be the cause.Like maybe a new school,new baby,new marriage,new home,ect. This could also explain his recent acting out behavior as well.
    ceci85

Answer by ceci85 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My four yr old did this for a while..Just be patient with him and prompt him to go to the bathroom every 2 hours or hour and a half till he stops..and with the bed don't give him any liwuid 1 hour before bed and make him go to the bathroom before bed...then FIRST thing in the morning....this helped me and my DD hope it helps you...
    doula-mom25

Answer by doula-mom25 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Stress? Change? It could be anything. I agree to just be patient. Don't yell at him over it or punish him. Just start the potty training all over again. Maybe his negative behavior in general is due to some sort of adjustment or trauma. Is anyone being extra "mean" to him by a child's perspective? Is he being molested? There are many reasons for what's going on. Talk with him. Help him through this

Answer by admckenzie at 9:34 AM on Apr. 11, 2011