how would you feel?

How would you feel if your SO/Hubby/BF sleeps with you and then in the middle of night the dogs jump into bed (bed is full size we have 2 pits)you get up because you are not sleeping comfortable and go to the spare room and he stays in bed with the dogs doesn't even push them off or come in and see you? its not the first time he has made me feel this way that the dogs are more important to him then me. and i was here first then the dogs. I have spoken to him before about this and nothing has changed. and he is going to propose to me this month and I don't think i'm going to say yes if this continues.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• I slept with my dog for over 9 years...an 8 pound yorkie...My fiance has been apart of my life for 1 1/2 years..he does not like the dog in our bed (mind you she is tiny) I respect that..It was hard at first but the dog no longer sleeps with us...Damn he is more important to me than my dog..I am not saying that I do not love my dog...We belong in the bed together...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• If thats how you feel tell him its either you or the dogs.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 8:47 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• out of curiousity....what are you gonna do when you have kids? I mean...kids jump in bed with you all the time....I am just curious.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 8:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i agree with chaoticsoul
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Seriously, my husband does the same thing and it pisses me off. He makes sure the dog is nice and cozy, covering her up, giving her a pillow, snuggling up with her...If he is hogging the covers, or I have no room because of that dog, he looks at me like he is going to slap me...Most nights I just go and (NOT) sleep on the most uncomfortable couch on this earth. My husband is an ass and I hate him more than words can express. And to you ChaoticSoul DOGS ARE NOT KIDS. THEY ARE F'N DOGS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Sorry but who is more important his wife or the dogs....children are a different story....
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i think what you should do is to let him sleep with the dog as long he wants.. dont feel any jealous ,... dont talk to him about it... let him realize that you are existing...
    babykojohnville

Answer by babykojohnville at 9:42 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• We had a flat coat retriever that came with the hubby when we moved in together. I learned to love that dog like a child of mine, but he did give up his sleeping spot for me! There is no reason that the dogs should take precedence over you. What I would do is get the dogs doggie beds and place them on the floor of the bedroom (his side of the bed if possible). Put your foot down, this is not acceptable and you deserve a heck of a lot more respect than what you're getting. If you don't get that respect, I say move on.

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 10:26 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I would tell him how you feel. I personally never understood the attraction of sleeping with a dog. I have dogs and I love them...but in the bed? Icky!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I have always had my dogs sleep with me...and I'm in my 50's!! Second DH has been as patient as a saint. We now compromise: the dogs snuggle in bed with me to watch TV in the evenings. DH takes them out of the bed and lets them outside to do their business before he goes to sleep. Dogs have nice snuggly beds in the kitchen. It took about a week for one to stop whining at night but now they are very accepting of it and love their beds. It's worked out well:dogs and I get snuggle time and DH gets me all to himself in bed..and I don't feel guilty!
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 10:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2008