Anybody who has there kids on gluton casein free diet?If so see any results?

My son is Autistic,ADHD, and has a sensory processing disorder.They say this diet could help just wondered if anyone had tried it and how it worked for them.

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I tried it for a year when my boys were 3 and 1. The oldest had just been diagnosed with autism (and the younger was also subsequently diagnosed). I saw no difference in behavior or attention. After a year, we quit because it was so difficult and expensive at the time to continue with no improvement. 10 years later there are many more options for GFCF items at a lower price than there were then and I have some friends who have their kids on it and have seen results, it just didn't work for us.

Answer by missanc at 9:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• yes of corse it help alot for kids keep up the good work and god bless
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I had my ADHD son on gluten-free but noticed no change. Had him on casein-free and saw change within 2 days! He himself said he felt as if a fog had lifted. I was able to rid him of his ADHD diagnosis using a biomedical approach which included vitamin/mineral supplementation and specialized diet.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My son is off gluten and casein but that is cuz he is allergic. Only results we have seen is he is no longer sick, bloated, diarrhea, rashes, or vomitting.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 1:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2011