Have you been freaked out even hours later?

I like in Arkansas and have never seen a snake in the almost 3yrs I have been here but yesterday I had went to a friends house with my 2 boys and my mom stayed home and she was with a friend. Well a couple of hours later I came back to see a part of the corner wall missing and looked at my mom and she had this face that I knew she had a story, so I asked her what happened. She said that her and her friend were sitting on the couch talking when her friend seen something moving in the hallway and when she really looked at it she seen it was a SNAKE!! It was like 3-4 feet long and probably as round as a golf ball!! She said that they both took off outside and my mom went to our neighbors and got him and my moms friend got another guy and both of them where trying to get the snake that was trying to get under the fridge and one guy was grabbing at it and the other grabbed a knife and was swinging the knife trying to cut it with is how we got to miss part of the corner wall. Well the guy with the knife cut it in half and killed it. It was all cleaned up by the time I got home which I am so glad that I didn't have to see it!!

At first I didn't know if she was playing a joke (which I really really hoped she was) but it really did happen and now when ever I get up to do something I look around and watch what I am doing. Even last night when I got up to go to the bathroom the first thing I thought about was a snake and kept looking around as I was walking. Even now I freak out if my foot is to close to something!!

So my question I am asking is have you ever had something happen to you and in effected you for a couple of days?

jnb71584

Asked by jnb71584 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I saw a snake in the yard when I was pregnant with my DD and refused to go outside (except to literally run to my car) for 2 weeks. Everyone thought it was very funny, but it just creeped me out. I always tell DH that I'd burn the house down if I found one inside. Not sure if I'm joking or not.........
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:32 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• o0o0 ya- seriously when we lived in our old apartment and i knew there was a mouse in the house for atleast a few days after it got caught int he trap i still had a flash light and crow bar in my hand just case i saw him again.
    when you have a phobia of something. . or even if u dont a snakes a scary thing. teeth and venium. ESH!
    do they make snake traps?
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:32 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Here in Texas we deal with a lot of snakes but a more common problem is scorpians in the house. We don't ever put our shoes on without tapping the heels down first. You'll only get stung once before you remember to do it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Please don't kill snakes, they're pretty much harmless most of the time and if it wasn't poisonous it didn't need to die.
    that's all, carry on....
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:41 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes!! I will look around for days checking under things and putting the flash lights behind the TV stand or dressers. Freaks me out!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:06 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Snakes, bugs and everything are okay if they are outside.. once they get into the house they not only freak me out but they forfeit their right to live if they are seen.. sad but true fact.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• lol, yes with spiders i do because i always worry there are more.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• LOL- yes, but not with a snake. Mine was spiders or scorpions. My DD found a spider on her arm, and it freaked her out. Didn't bite her or anything, but later that evening I found myself looking all over the place, just expecting to have some giant spider jumping out at me! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:01 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• One time I brought home some new blueberry bushes and set them out on my porch (which is enclosed). A few hours later, there was a snake out there! The snake must have been hidden in the bushes and I drove home with it. I freaked for the longest time because what if there was more than one snake and now there was one loose in my car. Or what if that one had slithered out while I was driving and I could have wrecked my car?
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• yes!
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 19, 2011