Do your kids have too much, or too little homework?

Differant schools vary but my daughter is in the second grade and has only had homework like 3 times , no exageration!Now, we came from a place that she had homework 4 days a week no questions asked.I think all schools, public and county should stay on the same ciricular that way its not so confusing and everyone is learning on same pace and system.

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think some HW every week should happen. I want to see what my child is working on in the classroom and reinforce it at home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• definitely too much! She spends at east 2-2 1/2 hours doing homework every day. It's ridiculous...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:34 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have 5 children, my son in kinder has reading homework once a week. The ones in 2nd, 4th, and 6th have homework four days a week. Its only about 30mins a day of homework, so I'm ok with it. Kids need to learn how to work on their own and retain what they've learned in school.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 9:35 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Not happy the with one teacher. She and I went round and round last week.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• my son (2nd grade) his teacher will not consider his work to be done unless every single step is done it's ridiculous he's brought home a couple of times like 20 pages of homework to be done in 1 night like if he did his handwriting but didn't color or trace or just didn't color it's homework and he didn't do the work she gives my kid no credit for what he does do. i'ts like oh my hell lady he's in 2nd grade if he does the handwriting leave the coloring optional..or if he gets 1 wrong answer in language he's to bring it home go thru the whole book and correct it all she expects these little kids to be perfect. Had i known this i would have switched classes from the beginning. None of the other 2nd grade teachers are like this.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2011