Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


Does anyone know a website out there where you can request donations or charities? I am getting desperate for money and instead of filing for bankruptcy I would rather trying "cyber begging".... Any ideas? please, i'm getting married in May, i have 0.00$ to my name, cant pay bills, and my paycheck covers the negative balance in my bank account. HELP!

Answer Question

Asked by kduffy at 9:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 8 (235 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • No offense but don't you think you should work on getting those things taken care of before you take a big step to get married? Starting off in debt/poverty isn't the best idea. cyber-begging just sounds tacky

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • Well yes I should but the debt will be there whether we are married or not. The majority of it is from when our son was born, we just need help catching up. I prefer not to be judged on my choice of getting married, as i stated whether i do it now or wait 7 years I will still have debt. I know it sounds tacky, but its better than bankruptcy. As I stated i'm desperate.

    Comment by kduffy (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • i dont know about cyper begging but you might try your human resource office if the debt is from the birth of your son......and the local churchs might help with the rest you just need to call around and ask....

    Answer by cara124 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • human resources wont do anything. We paid hospital bills with cc's. And you need to be a member of a church to request donations. My family isnt baptised nor are we active members in our church.

    Comment by kduffy (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • Find them on Yahoo groups.

    Answer by vbruno at 10:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • You do not need to be a memeber of a church to receive help. Catholic Churches across the country help people every day. They may not pay your credit card bill, but they can help you with other things that will free up money to put toward the bill. Catholic Charities is a wonderful organization for you to start with.

    Part of your problem is your checking acct. If you are bouncing checks it is costing you a fortune...even if the bank covers them.

    What about a second job for one or both of you?

    I agree with a PP, cyber-begging just seems tacky when you are capable of taking care of yourself.

    Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • I already work two jobs.

    Comment by kduffy (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • you'll have to apply for assistance temporarily would be my guess, they can help cover some bills so your fundscan go to covering your debt.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2011


    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • I have 2 jobs already as i stated above

    Comment by kduffy (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.