Who else loves their "flat" pillow?

I have this pillow on my bed and it's flat...I might as well not be using one! But I love it! It's the only one that doesn't hurt my neck. Who else loves their flat pillow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• In defense of the flat pillow... you can't wash them cuz they would get all lumpy!!!! and you can't let anyone else use them just in case they are droolers!!! LONG LIVE THE FLAT POINTLESS PILLOW!!!!
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 4:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• oohh- my flat pointless pillow that i've had for got to be 15 years... been through about 12 moves from college to here. i like it because i can fold the corner under my head!
    it's so sad even my cat doesn't lay on it!
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 9:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I'm exactly the opposite. I have to have a fat full plump pillow. But I am equally attached to it and if I sleep somewhere other than my house it goes with me.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• If you have an old pillow...it's a health hazard!!! Pillows become contaminated with dust mites that feed on our shedding skin cells. they also eat what's inside the pillow....your flat, old, comfy pillow is probably more dust mite filled than stuffing filled!
    Sorry to be so graphic...but check it out online...it's true.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 10:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• wow- i think companygoddess just gave me a business idea... i'm going to market flat pillows at - brand new shiny mite free flat useless pillows! Thanks for the idea. i'm getting started on that patent right now!!!
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 10:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Love the flat pillow..the fat plump ones make my neck hurt.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• This is the OP:

I can't part with my flat pillow because you CAN'T buy a flat pillow, lol. The big ones hurt my neck...like it strains my neck or something. I toss and turn without my pillow, lol.

ALWMS--let me know when you get those on the market. I wanna be the first customer!! LOL
    Anonymous

• Can't you still throw your flat pillow in the wash with some bleach or TTO to kill anything nasty living inside of it and dry it on high? For the health reasons
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Munch...I would guess that if you washed it in hot water with lots of bleach that might work...but then there's be nothing left but dead dust mites..eeewwww!

Here's a suggestion for a NEW flat pillow...buy a new pillow, open the seams let out about half of the stuffing and then sew it back up. There are some dust mite proof pillow covers that don't let them in.

BTW: dust mites also live in old mattresses. they say the best way to keep the population down is to change linens every week and vacuum the mattress a couple of times a year.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 8:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Dearest fellow cafe moms... do you all realize we are having a 2 day conversation about flat pillows!!! lol it's great! i'm thinking of starting anew group for people who care about pillows. thne th eflat lovers can bash the fluffy lovers and the fluffy lovers can bash the dust mite freaks!
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 7:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2008