Anybody believe in ghosts or spirits?I am just curious how many think its real , things like hauntings or just another figment of our imagination.

Its contraversal , I think if you believe in good you also have to believe in evil, like if you believe in God you have to believe in the devil. What do you think?

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 9:35 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I certainly believe in ghosts and spirits. I have had many encounters with spirits and such. Plus I love watching Ghost Hunters etc. Feel free to ask about my experiences if interested!
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• No, I don't believe in ghosts or spirits--probably just another figment of our imagination or things that could have natural explanations.

The concepts of 'good' and 'evil' are subjective. I don't believe in any supernatural beings that represent these things. Generally, I think we all have the same potential to be 'good' people or 'bad' people depending on our choices. Also, mental illness may factor into some 'evil' or 'bad' people's decisions, I'm sure.

I do NOT believe in a personal, anthropomorphic, supernatural creator God, nor any other beings like the Devil or spirits. I think they are interesting metaphors for understanding people and our world, but that's it. I believe our concept of God or that 'feeling of God' that people talk about is equivalent to the Universe itself or impersonal forces within Nature (i.e. concepts like the Tao, energy, Omniverse, etc.)
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I believe that it is real
    kvanness0824

Answer by kvanness0824 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Sure do believe.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I do believe they exist. The energy or spirit that makes you "you" never dies.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Its real.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I believe they exist and enjoy reading about them.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I believe its real. I live on grounds that were an orphanage during the 1800s, and most recently, a children's mental institute. Enough said. lol
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I do not believe in ghosts and think there are rational explanations for "paranormal activity" in a house. Honestly my SIL insists our house is haunted because she says she hears weird noises and doors creak and the toilet flushes "all by itself." We have 3 cats...they do all those things that make her freak out and refuse to stay in our home. Nothing creepy or unexplained about it, but she wants to see ghosts so that is what she sees.

I do believe God and I do believe in the Devil, Angels, and Demons. Ghosts, not so much.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:46 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I do believe in them as my mom's house is haunted by our old cat that a bad baby sitter killed while we were at school (she lived in the house and did light house work etc while were at school) Both my mom and I see it all the time and my little sister who owned the cat see's it all the time. Until we found Violets body, dumped just down the road from us, my mom heard meowing under her bed. The babysitter admited to having her BF kill the cat because Violet was part siamese and could say hello and my little sisters name, and did so for an hour before my sister would get home from school.
    AimBre

Answer by AimBre at 9:51 AM on Apr. 11, 2011