Burts Bee Baby Body Wash - Allergic reaction

Anyone out there has used Burts Bees baby body wash? Has the child gotten an allergic reaction from it. My DD2 got a rash all over her little body after using the product 3 times. Now the rash is gone, but she has eczema all over her body. :-(
I changed from J&J to this wash to try it out since it was recommended to me because my DD2 gets dry skin and eczema during the winter, Right now she takes a bath every other day because the bath tends to dry her skim more. I was supposed to be able to give her a bath every day if I used this product. We used it 3 times, still giving her a bath every other day, and she got the allergic reaction.
Now I have to put eczema cream all over her body again. :-(

Dalimonster

Asked by Dalimonster at 9:35 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Health

• Youll probably just have to test out different products and see what she responds to the best. I definitely wouldnt bathe her more than every other day though.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• There is no body wash out there that will make it okay to bathe her daily if she has bad eczema. My grandson has it all over too. I use only Dove for sensitive skin to bathe him, no more often than every other day if possible. We also apply Aveeno body lotion (light blue cap or Dark Blue cap). It has no fragrance, no colors, no alcohols. It has dimethicone which helps form a seal to keep moisture in. As long as we put this on him every morning and every night he has very few 'hot spot' or uncontrollable breakouts. We also rarely have to use the medicated creams any more.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:44 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• OMG! My Son had the same reaction to Burts Bees Baby wash after just one bath with it. He developed a rash all over his body (looked like the measels) & it was so alarming, I brought him to the Pediatrician who confirmed it was a topical reaction to the baby wash. It took about a week to go away & I never used it again. I will not use anything from that company again. We stick to J&J baby wash & I bath him daily with no issues at all. I suggest that after the bath you moisturize the child with Curel Original Body lotion. I slather it on my Son and it works great for dry skin.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Just like everything else some people do great with the product, while others dont. Sounds as though there is something in the product that is aggravating your dds condition. I would stop using it, and I would visit your dds ped to talk about things that he/she suggests for your dd to use. I would also suggest only giving baths every 3 days. On the days that you cant bath just wash her up with a wet cloth.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:53 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I called Burts Bees and reported the problem. I thought I should tell someone. They appreciated the feedback and opened a case number for me. They also said they would send me a refund in 2 - 3 weeks time. I hope they are true to their word. The product is not cheap.
    Thank you all for the answers.
    Dalimonster

Comment by Dalimonster (original poster) at 7:36 AM on Apr. 12, 2011