At what age ahould boys stop showering together?

Okay my boys are 7 and 2....and they shower together all the time. But a few girls commented on the fact that they still shower together.

flowerchild56xo

Asked by flowerchild56xo at 8:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• My boys are 9 and almost 11, and still shower together occasionally. I don't see it as a problem. When they go to the swimming pool, the dressing rooms are all open and the showers don't have curtains, so they see naked males everywhere. The middle school and high school locker rooms are the same way.

Frankly, being comfortable with nudity isn't a bad thing.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You know I dont know if there is a good answer because every child is different, and every home is different. The only concern I would have is that at 7 your son is probably curious about his parts and might be exploring to see what he has if you get what I am saying. Not anything naughty or wrong but they do start getting curious which is totally normal around 5-7 yrs old. That is generally when they start to play doctor or stuff like that. Other then that I really think its a judgement call on the parents. You know your child better then anyone else commenting.

Answer by gemgem at 8:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• they are boys its fine as long as the older one dosent mind there is nothing wrong with it
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I don't see a problem here, they are both boys, why do other people have a problem with this?
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• They're brothers....I dont' see anthing wrong with it. I wouldn't let my 7 year old bath with the little one, if he starts exploring like the first poster said....or if one or the other gets uncomfortable. Just make sure you are supervising bath time and all should be fine.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 9:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i think that is fine. My twin 4yos(g, b) and my 2 yo still bathe together.
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 10:23 AM on Dec. 1, 2008