Breast milk

how can i warm breast milk? i put it in one of those bags then put it in the fridge

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always microwaved mine. I know it isnt recommended because it heats unevenly, but i always did it that way...
    AeroJuicy91

Answer by AeroJuicy91 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Heat up some water in a bowl in the microwave, then put the bag in the bowl for a few minutes to warm it up. Shake it well, then pour it into the bottle.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I heat up a cup of water really hot then put the bag/bottle in that cup
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I used to warm the bag under hot tap water, moving it around to avoid hot spots.
    since_3.18.93

Answer by since_3.18.93 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Never microwave it kills some of the nutrients, I put mine in a glass measuring cup and let the hot water run over it.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would say not to use the microwave., but you can boil some water (not too hot) over the stove, after cooling down a little bit, then you can sit the bag over in the pot for a few minutes. i hope this helps you
    asap1908

Answer by asap1908 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Under warm running water. Microwaving, in addition to the risk of causing hot spots, can kill some of the nutrients.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• you NEVER NEVER EVER!! microwave breastmilk i kilss all the good stuff( you might as well just give the baby water) you warm water up in a bowl and placed the bag in the water or you just put it from the freezer to the fridge and let it defrost slowly
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Run under warm water. It takes awhile but gets it to at least room temp. You don't actually have to warm it up. We got baby used to drinking cold breast milk and later formula early so we didn't have to warm it up.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• put it in a cup of warm water from the fridge and hot water if its from the freezer :)
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 12, 2011