For those who belive in abortion and say "my body my choice"

haven't you thought that it's not just YOUR body that is effected here. What about the body of the unborn child? Doesn't that child have the right to life? If you want the right to choose and have control over your body, you can choose abstinence, condoms or birth control HOWEVER, if you choose condoms or birth control you do so with the understanding that it is NOT 100% effective. I know I am going to get a lot of crap for this post but I am sick of so many people acting like victims because they got in a situation where they felt they HAD to choose to have a abortion.

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• The fetus cannot survive without MY BODY. So now, I don't consider that at all.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:43 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My question to you is have you ever been raped and got pregnant as a result and already have medical problems where drs tell you the best thing is to abort or you will die? No, well I think until you are in the situation its easy to judge but thats only for the good lord to do so you are entitled to your opinion but I think its not always a thing they want to do.
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• can of worms

meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• brandy928, I think it is clear that those are not the situations that I am talking about.
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If the baby can't survive without the mother, it's NOT an independent life. It's completely dependent on the mother, and therefore her choice.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• canofwormspopcorn

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• A mother is suppose to love and protect her children...not kill them because they are an inconvenience. Sad.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If the baby can't survive without the mother, it's NOT an independent life.

No baby can survive unassisted, for several years after being born.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:52 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• No you didn't make that clear, so you're going to have to be prepared for the women on here that didn't have a choice to voice their opinions on the subject.

Do you know a lot of women that have had abortions? By your post it seems you do, considering you said that, and I'm quoting you, "I am sick of so many people acting like victims because they got in a situation where they felt they HAD to choose to have a abortion".... I can honestly say, being that I have been on cafemom for the past 5 years, that I don't see a lot of women on here talking about it. Once in a while someone like you will come on and make an angry post, but I don't know a lot of women that actually act like they were entitled to an abortion.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• For those who have said they can't live without the mother, consider this, a woman can have an abortion until after 24 weeks, however, babies have been born at 23 and 24 weeks and survived. It used to be that under 24 weeks was considered not viable but that's not the case. The youngest surviving was only 21 weeks and 5 days and that was 24 years ago, there have been many others since. The fact of the matter is, we can't say 100% how early they can survive on their own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preterm_birth#Notable_preterm_births
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2011