Do you birds have sex?

Asked by Saved_by_GOD at 12:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pets

Answer by 3Grlz1AngelzMom at 12:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Let me tell you 'bout the birds and the bees, and the flowers and the trees, and the moon up above... and a thing called 'love.' Yes, birds have sex. And did you know that you can have your bird 'sexed'? You can make your bird either male or female?

Answer by Quoiky at 12:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Yes, my cockateils go at it all the time! They make this really weird squewling noise,- my kids will tell me, "mom, they're gonna have babies!"

Answer by luvinmees at 1:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Yes, my cockateils "DO IT" all the time too!! And the kids say the same thing, "they're gunna have babies mom" LOL

Answer by supermom_1969 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Birds that what you mean. My outside budgies do it often, that is how I raise babies. My inside larger birds do it themselves or attempt it with my hand or anything else handy if they are in the mood.

Answer by wandaful at 1:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My cockatiels do it like 10 times a day. they just mastered him standing on her back and her walking back and forth as they do it. they use to just stand in the corner.

Answer by Cressida at 11:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My cockatiels mated all the time. Problem was that my female was laying an egg a day for too long. I had to make them stop because she was depleting her own calcium and the eggs were thin as paper and translucent. Your female could die if this happens. In order to make them stop I had to change their situation a bit. I started covering the cage earlier, like around 5pm as opposed to 9pm and after a few days she stopped.

Answer by goinginsane1 at 2:19 AM on Aug. 29, 2008