Wrong sex?

How often does being told the wrong sex happen? I am 36 weeks and nesting worse than ever and I want to wash all her new clothes and take everything out and put it away but I am afraid (I have heard so many horror stories) that she may be a boy, even though the Doc. said there is no way.

SpiffyMom

Asked by SpiffyMom at 9:51 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i think you should just go with the doctor if they really think that you are having a girl then hopefully you are i dont know how often the doctors are wrong but i think its a great idea to get everything together for when she comes home...i hope i helped at least a little
    krl125

Answer by krl125 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• It's possible, it happened to me. I had ultrasounds at 16, 20, 21 and 36 weeks and they all said girl. I was never really convinced though, he felt like a boy. I'm very happy I didn't take off too many tags. I was able to exchange most of it for boy clothes. The rest I had to sell online. I still have some girls stuff that I couldn't get rid of.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• It's pretty unlikely that your doctor is correct, but until they baby's born there's no way of knowing for sure. Unless you had an amnio done. It only takes a little bit of time to wash and put away clothes, if it'd make you feel better just wash a couple jammies and leave the rest for until after she's born...that way you can exchange if you need to.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• my brother's was supposed to be a boy... it was a girl.

charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I know that when they tell you its a boy, it is usually right. But with a girl, sometimes it is just that they can't see fully and assume.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:51 AM on Dec. 1, 2008