This is just ridiculous!

My aunt is accusing me of "stealing" her daughter from her because she and I hang out one day a week. My cousin Amanda and I have been best buds ever since she was born and I was 12. We've maintained a great friendship despite the fact of our age difference. As we gotten older,its less of an issue now that we're both adults.
Her crazy mom keeps saying that I've always been out to turn her daughter against her. trust me,she's done that quite well on her own! All she ever talks about is her other daughter,the major screwup. Amanda got fed up on Thursday and just went off on her mom about everything. My aunt blamed me. HUH? Apparently I've been putting thoughts in Amanda's head. Ummm,she's 25,she has a mind of her own! Do I confront my crazy aunt or let it lie?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Consider the source, & ignore her. You will not be able to convince her otherwise, b/c it is easier to blame someone else, then to look at yourself as the real problem. You have become her convenient scapegoat. Just keep being a good friend/cuz & enjoy your time together. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Some people can't accept the truth and would rather blame someone else for their faults.. let it go
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:21 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Let it go. At the end of the day, she's your Aunt & if you confront her about it she's going to feel disrespected & will give her more of a reason to believe she is right.
    HappinessIsKey

Answer by HappinessIsKey at 11:26 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Just ignore her. It sounds like you will make things a hell of a lot worse if you confront the old gal.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Let it go..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 11:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Like you said she's crazy. Confronting a crazy person is useless and a waste of your time and breath. I'l let it go.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Just leave it alone. Avoid your aunt and live a happy life.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2011