Wisdom tooth?

i am 25 years old and for the past year or so ive had random tooth pains were my wisedom teeth should be. and for the last 6 months i have been able to feel the top of a tooth,. well a few days ago the tooth was hurting and i noticed when i would bite down on an almond where the pain was that it made it feel better, well not it hurts a heel of a lot worse and it swollen. it hurts just touching the side of my face on my jar bone. when i woke up this morning i could look in th mirror and notice that it was swollen just by looking at it but and my morning has gone on it doesnt really hurt the way it did when i woke up, until i started eating, just opening my mouth big enough to take a bite out of my breakfast sandwhich makes it hurt. i dont know it its normal for wisdom teeth to swell when they come in or if i may have gotten an almond stuck in the gum or something. ive tried to use oragel but i just cant seem to get it on the place that hurts. any advise ladies.? thanks mamas

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Health

• It sounds like an impacted wisdom tooth. That means it is sideways. They do not cause swelling when they come in. U need to see a dentist!!! The tooth needs to come out!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:26 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• It might be that you dont have quite enough room for the wisdom tooth to come through. It can cause a little bit of swelling if its trying to come out and it doesnt have the room to do that. You need to make a dentist appointment and see a dentist. You may need your wisdom tooth surgically removed. Its best to leave this kind of thing to the professional.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:46 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Go see a dentist or the pain and problems could possibly get much worse.
    cowboysgirl3227

Answer by cowboysgirl3227 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Get to the dentist . . . seriously. An impacted wisdom tooth can be so dangerous if not taken care of. I know from experience. I let mine go, the pain would come and go, I dealt with it until the day it almost took my life literally.

It became infected and I was being poisoned by the infection. By the time I got to the ER I ended up in emegency surgery, I woke up with a whole in my neck with a drainage tube sticking out of it.

Make an appointment.
    qwietpleez

Answer by qwietpleez at 5:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Id definitely go to the dentist. Its better to be safe than sorry.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If it is not manageable with advil or somethign i could get to the dentist.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:11 AM on Apr. 12, 2011