Am I taking this overboard?

Okay fast forward...My dad is dying from lung cancer. He's also on dialysis, and he's not taking it well either. Okay I have custody of my two nieces ages 8 and 5. They have a God grandmother who want to take them to church with her on Easter. I told her yes, but then my mom asked me to call her back and tell her no because the entire family need to be with my dad on Easter because this may be his last. The God grandmother became offended by it and she won't return my phone calls. Is it me, or do you think the God grandmother is being childish about this? I truly believe in miracles, and I do hope this won't be my dad's last Easter, but my mom still want everyone at the Easter dinner. Am I wrong for canceling the church event with the God grandmother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope, not wrong at all. She just needs to suck it up.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• how hard is it for the god grand to take them to church and drop them off at your moms house for the lunch/ dinner with dad????
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 10:42 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Can the kids not do both? Go to church and then Godmother bring them back for dinner or just to hang out with your dad?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• kkbird, my mom want all the grandkids there to do breakfast, lunch, hide eggs, then dinner. She basically want them to spend the entire day with my dad.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• She should not have a problem with taking them to Church & bringing them back to spend time w/ the family & Easter dinner. During this difficult time for you & your family, everyone should be understanding & not have to be upset or feel offended by any of it. I wish your dad the very best & I will definitely keep him & your family in my prayers.
    HappinessIsKey

Answer by HappinessIsKey at 10:52 AM on Apr. 11, 2011