DO we have any FDR Democrats left?

Those who would defend our most vulnerable from the greatest decimation of our social safety nets, in recent history? Do we have any democrats left with backbones?
Where's the outrage?

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 10:41 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I read the questiion and the first person I thought of was my Mamo. She fits the FDR'ish profile to a T. She was a party line Democrat of the old school...the kind the Dems could count on year after year. Bless her heart, she finally realized her party was not what it once was and she is now a registered/voting Republican.

Tacky people...downvoting Mamo. That's okay, she would serve you homemade Peach Pie and sweet tea anyway.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:25 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes, except now they are Republicans.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:10 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• adnilm, of course I know what an FDR Democrat is...unless of course you have come up with a new definition for one.

You assume to much...I am not a Republican.

You asked a question I gave honest answers if you don't like them...well boo hoo.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• She was a party line Democrat of the old school...the kind the Dems could count on year after year.

My mom feels the same way about most of the people representing the party she once identified with.  And she's a baby boomer! 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Not a Fan of FDR, so I think it is good they aren't in the spotlight. Ever since I read the book, Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace.... And a few other books thereafter... ie: New Deal or Raw Deal?.. Nope. Not a fan.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Do you need glasses? I did explain my answer. Do YOU want to ask another question so maybe you will get the answer you want??
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We have a lot of them. The only thing different is FDR recognized an enemy and knew what needed done. Now they want to hug them and make it all better.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• How about ANY POLITICIANS with backbones? I am disenchanted by ALL of them anymore =(
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:46 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Marcy Kaptur (OH) comes to mind. She is very approachable, actually has & uses her common sense, and anti- NAFTA!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• You asked a question I gave honest answers if you don't like them...well boo hoo.

I wonder if she has used up all her downvotes.... ;oP

Question: OP, fundamentally do YOU understand why small government fiscal conservatives would not agree with the ideology of an FDR "Democrat"?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2011