What are your thoughts

Ok, so after MUCH research and KNOWING what is put into vax, I have recently decided to no longer vax my children. I know some of you don't agree....but just wanted to say, neither does my MIL. Yes, vax have been around for a LONG time, but the stuff inside of them are NOT the same as when we were growing up.

Anyway, what do you think about my MIL who thinks I am wrong for no longer vax....
yet when she is sick she says, "I am not putting those chemicals into MY body."

I just really think she is clueless and hasn't done HER homework. Why is she ok with not putting things into her almost 60 year old body, but thinks I am wrong for not putting them into my toddlers bodies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Health

• This is one of those topics where its really a no win debate. You beleive one way, she beleives another and most likely neither of you will budge. Just agree to disagree on this one.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• this is a no win issue. the kids aren't old enough to decide for themselves and you have to do it so everyone will judge you one way or another. just do what you think is right and pray is comes out okay in the end.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Sounds as though your mil is kind of set in her ways. When she was raising children it was the norm and the right thing to do when it came to vaxing a child. Thats the only norm she knows. If she continues being upset with you for your decision show her the information that youve found that supports your decision. It might be easier for her to accept it if she has the same information that you have.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i guess, she doesnt really have much of an argument. try showing her all the information you got about vaccines. I'm very confused about this topic. your right about them not being the same vaccines as we had growing up, but i cant stand the idea of seeing my kids catch some scary disease. i'm with vaccines, but it is ur choice. i cant even imagine what my MIL would tell me. she likes to make alot of decisions for me too, and hates when i dont listen to her. but i make it CLEAR that they are my decisions alone. they'll always be like that, but this is a more sensitive issue.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Two very different things. Vaccines have prevented millions of deaths. Not only do you protect your own child, but the people around that child. When your MIL doesn't want to take meds, that primarily affects her, and there's a difference between a cold and measles or influenza. We, as a generation, take for granted the lack of childhood diseases and the deaths that were once associated with them. Do you understand how much lower the risks are of the additives doing something than of getting one of these diseases? There are many preventable diseases on the rise, because of people not vaccinating. There is more thimerosal in a serving of salmon than there is in the flu vaccine. There is risk with everything we put into our bodies. Fruits and vegetables have natural pesticides, some of which are carcinogenic to us, but the benefits of eating them far outweigh the risks.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:54 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i've sent her stuff on the vax (in the past) and when the topic was heated, I told her...did you read it? She said yes, but she was vaxed as a child.

Also, her daugheter, vaxs....yet, I don't think she's done her homework. She won't feed her children ANYTHING with high fructous corn syrup, buys organtic, yet goes out to eat often (um, hello...........why spend the money at home, when you go out to eat, they aren't serving your organtic)

The reason I mentioned my SIL is because....if she chose not to vax, her mom would believe it to be true.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• musicpisces...i really wish i could find the link i read months ago. There is so much in those vax that I believe should NEVER be in something we are putting into our childs bodies. Up until a year ago, I too had my children vaccinated.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• http://www.vaccinationnews.com/DailyNews/May2001/WhatsInVax.htm
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Apr. 11, 2011