Bus Ride?

Would any of you let your 4 almost 5 year old ride a bus to go on field trips for summer camp?

momoftaterbug

Asked by momoftaterbug at 10:47 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Not without me. Way too young to go without mom!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:48 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I'd be a little nervous, but yes. There are children that age riding school buses to school. I know they'd have fun.
    leecee03

Answer by leecee03 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Not if I wasn't there.
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• As long as they have chaperons.  You can always volunteer for that too.  I used to when my son was little, it was fun.

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:52 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If that was how they had to get to the trip, yes. It would be kind of sad to deny them a field trip because they were taking the bus. Besides my 5yo will be riding the bus every day to and from school in the fall.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:54 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• only if I was there or "maybe" if they would be with an older sibling. There's way too many sickos out there..I trust nothing/ no one
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I think I would but everyday I would ask how the ride went and pay close attention to everything she or he says.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 11:12 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My 3 y.o. Rode in a church van about 5 miles on a field trip to go to a children's museum. I was nervous at first, but she did fine.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:30 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• well im sorry if this comes out wrong but if i was gonna let them go to summer camp by themselves then i dont see a diffrence in riding the bus by themselves if i didnt feel ok about that then they wouldnt go to the camp with out me either and i agree with they r gonna be riding the bus here by themselves in a few months everyday anyway
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes, saying that with all the confidence and assurance I can muster at the moment.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011