ANTS???

We moved in our house in September. We didnt have ants during fall and winter. Now we have ants coming from everywhere. There is this sepcific spot (my window and wall) I keep seeing ants. I cleaned my walls with cleaner and I even cleaned my carpet and they keep coming out from somewhere. I woke up this morning and they were all over my lap top. There isnt any food laying around or anything like that (spilled drinks, and stuff).

How can I get rid of them? They are driving me crazy.

Oh and they are the little baby ants not the big ants.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Mix equal parts sugar and borax and leave it out for the ants (this only works if it's out of reach of kids and pets). They'll bring the food back tot he nest and it'll kill all the ants. Other than that, try a sprinkling of cinnamon or a thick line of petroleum jelly around where they're coming in.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Vaseline over the spot you found them coming in or they have ant killer you can put in the house that they take back to the queen, kills them in 24 hours.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• welcome to the season !.. there are sprays at walmart and such that would help
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:00 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have always had luck with the Raid ant baits, you put on the floor. If this doesn't work for you, I have heard that ants won't cross a chalk line. Maybe you could draw a line with sidewalk chalk where you have seen them coming in.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I just bought some really good spray. It's Ortho Home defense Ant Killer. I used it about 5 days ago and not seen one since! I got it at Wal-Mart.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• we use bowls of sugar. and raid ant spray around the ouside window seals/doorways .
    theyre
    such a pain
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We always get ants, every spring. The big yucky kind too. We have had exterminators come out, and they always come back. They sell these awesome little domes with something inside, the ants take it back to the nest and that's that. They don't spill, then aren't the ugliest things, and they work wonders!!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:26 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Lots of good advice to try out here.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If you can find a feed store nearby there is this stuff called "Demon WP." We spray that around the house every 6 months or so. It does wonders for keeping the ants & BIG roaches away from our house! Use it on a day when the kids and/or pets are not gunna be around for 24 hours. Or keep them from going outside for a day :)
    It's poisonous, but really does the trick. I wouldn't use it if you have a baby around...
    SarahM.1983

Answer by SarahM.1983 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Grits always did the trick for us. It basically explodes the ants, which is kinda gross, but at least it gets rid of the problem! lol Sprinkle it around where they are coming in, and around the mounds outside, and there you go!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2011