I thought it was normal..? (Maybe TMI, but idk)

When I wipe after going to the bathroom there is sometimes like a clear odorless goop. It happens after I leak the clear discharge for a while, then the mucusy thing comes out. I thought this was just because I was pregnant and that it was normal. However, now I am reading people on here saying that when that happens it is their mucus plug and they are getting ready for labor. I cant go into labor, I am only 29 weeks. I am 18 and don't really have anyone around to help me through anything other than my Fiance, and he isnt a girl or ever been pregnant, so he cant really help me with everything. I basically count on the support, advise, and information from all of you Mommas on here. So does anyone have advise please?

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 11:14 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you're nervous, you can give your OB a call.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:15 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Your mucous plus (as far as I know) is bloody. But it doesn't necessarily signify the start of labor. It can come out long before labor starts, and sometimes in one clump, sometimes not. I don't think you have anything to worry about... unless what you're dealing with IS blood... then talk to your doctor.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• No, there is no blood. It is always all clear.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• oh honey i have the mucousy goopy stuff too im also 29 weeks this is my 3rd baby so i know what im talking about its normal and just fine...u should only worry if your having bad cramps/ contractions and have blood...good luck and msg me anytime
    mckeemama

Answer by mckeemama at 11:18 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Thank you. You just made me feel so much better. I thought it was normal, but then I saw everyone on here talking about their mucus plug and labor and I got nervous. But after you telling me that, I feel a lot better. Thank you.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Mucous plug is normally colored, red or shades of brown.

If what you have is clear, it's normal discharge. If it turns green, it may be an infection.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If you do loose your mucous plug before "time" it will just regenerate. Vaginal discharge does increase throughout your pregnancy and can be quite a lot of discharge. If you're worried, you can call your doctor or midwife to help them calm your fears.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:43 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Sounds like it is nothing to worry about.. but never be afraid to make a call to your doctor if you are worried. If for no other reason then it will ease your mind. But having discharge is totally normal. Good Luck!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2011