How long after plastic surgery (liposuction, tummy tuck, augmentation, reduction) were you able to get up and move around during the day?

I'm planning my breast reduction. I will have more tissue removed than will be left, and considering this a major surgery, how long should I expect to want to lay in bed and not move?

I'm not a person that LIKES pain, but I can tolerate it well. I fight thru fibromyalgia to do the things I want to do, with no medication.(I lied, aleve before bed if I ABSOLUTELY need it) But I have a Ds (turned 2 yesterday!) And a 4.5 mo ds, and will need help with them. How long before I could send the babysitter home? It's most likely gonna be my mil... and we don't exactly share the same perspective on parenting, and I'm going to want to send her home as soon as I can...

How long did it take you to get out of bed? How long to go buy groceries or have company? Fully back to normal activities?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 11:25 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Health

• I had a breast augmentation on Wednesday and was back at work by Monday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Oh, awesome!
    matobe

Comment by matobe (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I had a breast augmentation and was up with light activity after 3 days, but you have to be careful or you can hurt yourself lol the recommendation not to have sex I would listen to..... I tried before I was supposed to and it hurt so bad when you involuntarily tighten up your arms and chest
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 11:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• but they went under the muscle..... it may not be as sensitive removing, i'm not familiar with the process......GL! :)
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 11:51 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have not done cosmetic surgery, so no advice here.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I gone three times under surgeon's knife for /www.breastaugmentationguide.com/"">Breast augmentation , /www.tummytuckguide.com/"">Tummy tuck and /www.lipoguide.com/"">Lipo. Now i am happy with successful results.Cosmetic surgery is now familiar among all women,Even now men also curious to change their appearance.
    gone1234

Answer by gone1234 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2011