Is it normal to have a husband that does not want to touch you during your entire pregnancy?

I'm 36.5 weeks pregnant and my husband doesn't show any interest in me. I have spoken to him and basically broke down explaining how rejected he is making me feel. I know (think/hope) he loves me and wouldn't cheat, but the lack of interest in me is starting to make me question that and even resent him a little.

Also, keep in mind prior to us getting pregnant he wasn't initiating any moves in the bedroom either. It was kinda the same issue.. I nag and basically give him a guilt trip, a day later her makes an attempt.

He's a great guy, but I am a person that likes to be physical with their partner. I'm feeling very lonely and cant talk to anyone about this because its an embarrassing issue. Any thoughts or feed back is greatly appreciated.

SMJM27

Asked by SMJM27 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Well if he was like this before, there is no reason he wouldn't be like this now...
    My DH loved to touch and rub my belly and me while I was pregnant.. but he did before and now also
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• No he's supportive and affectionate towards my belly, pregnancy and the baby. I was referring to the 'physical' intimacy level of us. Is that a red flag? I have thought this over and over thinking "its me?" and its driving me bananas. Hence, why I took to a forum for advise.
    SMJM27

Comment by SMJM27 (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Well if it was just because you were pregnant that would make some sense..but if it was before..then i would be wondering a little..
    AydensMommy1109

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Ohh.. Ok,. I thought it was more pregnancy related I guess - I don't have advice for that - if you thought that before your decided to have a baby with him, then yes, it would still be an issue - I am told to go with the gut on this - unless he's on any type of antidepressants, that can make men and women not want sex - ?? is he sexual or looking at other women or anything?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Me and my husband have the same issue. I know he would never ever cheat on me EVER. He doesn't have it in him lol But that doesn't make not being "wanted" all the time any easier. I wish I knew what to tell you. It used to make me very sad and depressed and we had some pretty bad problems......it got better but not very much and it is always only a VERY SHORT matter of time like days before we are right back to normal in the physical department. I am not used to not being pawed all the time by my mates lol It's hard to understand that he just is not tht kind of guy. He likes sex it's just not on his mind all the time. and when it is he has no idea how to get it across without just asking......or doing the exact same thing he always does. I used to cry bc he wouldn't even glance at me when i was naked. Maybe I have just got used to it, idk. But these days when i mention it he reminds me we have only been together 4 years and
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 11:46 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• we are at the infancy of our sexual relationship. at least i know it can only get better!!! :) keep your head up, it's not you it's him!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 11:47 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Masmom11807- No, I definitely keep a open eye for anything like that. The thing is he doesn't look at other woman or men. Ha, This issue made me so insecure that i even thought "could he be gay?". I don't know what it is..

Ethans Ma- Wow, reading your post is like the twilight zone because that is exactly what i'm going through. We have only been together for 4.5 years as well. Thank you for sharing. Even though this is a very sensitive topic, it helps to know that i'm not alone.
    SMJM27

Comment by SMJM27 (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I guess it's "normal" for a lot of men.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I am going through the same thing. My husband has a lot of sex issues. After years of feeling rejected, and having many heart to hearts... I now know that it is NOT me and he is just as frustrated with it as I am. I guess it's a good thing I didn't marry him for sex because I don't think the problem will be going away any time soon. Although most people in society think that all men should be aroused at the drop of a hat, that's not the truth. I wish you the est of luck, it has helped my husband and I tremdously to speak with a therapist individually and together. We have learned to show affection and intamacy in other ways when sex isn't an option.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Hmmm my dh was the opposite, but he was like that anyway, try talking to him calmly, he has to know how much he's upsetting you.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 11:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2011