Anyone ever sell Avon?

I was thinking about starting no one around her seems to which is a surprise lol.

Did you make a lot?
How much does it cost to start?
Did you ever have any problems?
What should I know about starting it?

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• I don't know much about avon, but have a friend that sells it. She has been doing it for years and has alot of returning customers. But again I think with anything being successful w/ any business takes time and effort. I used to sell Mary Kay and didn't do to well w/ it because that along w/ AVON was everywhere. You may do well w/ it, if nobody near you sells it! Best of luck to you!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have sold both Avon and Mary Kay, I have done much better with Mary Kay as a matter of fact I just signed back up with MK, I couldnt turn down the $50.00 start up price.
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 11:47 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My mom used to sell Avon. I don't think she was doing it for the money; she did it because it got her discounts on the things she wanted. I read an article that Avon has been pushing recruiting heavily and it could affect your ability to find new recruits and/or new customers. Look for the article online.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:53 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I live in a fairly quiet neighborhood haven't seem anyone selling or even a poster for it around town. I want to stay home with my girls and my unemployment only goes so far so I figured this would be a good thing to put money back in a savings account and help buy diapers
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• It does take hard work like anything else. I tried selling Avon for a few Months, but I never made any money. I found that I was my best customer. LOL! It was also really tough for me to deliver the products every 2 weeks as I had my Son in an infant car seat. I now work from home and I love it! Our Team has come up with free training videos on what to look out for when looking to work from home. Feel free to check them out. www.CEOTrainingVideo.com

Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• It was cheap to start when I tried it- but I didn't make any money at it, in fact- I ended up owing them. After about 3-4 months I quit
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.cosmeticsdatabase.com
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I agree with the above poster, they are hipocrates, if they really are anitcancer they will stop using cancer causing agents. I did Avon, the fees were ridiculus.

Try something organic,kosher and vegan like Arbonne. You can also loook in to HOMECAREERSUCCESS.COM
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2011