I want to move to florida but feel that I should wait things out

I figure when my daughter is old enough to say with whom she wants to live with me or her dad...then I can move. I always wanted to move there but now that we are separated I feel that if I wanted to move it would cause major problems. He has already made a life for himself and only sees her once a wk. I am working 3 jobs now and barely see my kids. I have friend that insist if my were to go to florida it would be much easier and a better life for my kids. I want to move so badly but I think that I should wait things out. Me and my ex don't speak at all and I know this would make his head spin and he would probably try to take my daughter away from me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I love Florida however the cost of living is high and jobs are practicially non existant. plus the schools aren't that good.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 11:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't move away,,3 jobs? Does he have a child support or maintenence order? I agree with the PP, My Mom and Dad live in florida for 1/2 the year, and they say the economy is not very good there. Your daughter has friends and her Dad here, so maybe revisit with your attorney to see if you can get some more money to make your life easier,,unless you already have a great job lined up, I think you will be in the same situation with a resentful kiddo,, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:46 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• In some places in Florida the economy is doing well. This is such a large state that you can't paint it all with the same brush. What does your custody order say about moving? I definitely wouldn't pick up and move without having something lined up in the new area.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:54 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I live here it is nice. Is your ex paying child support? It seems that your real problem is money.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would do some major research before moving. Florida is a large state and depending where you want to move jobs could be hard to come by. Housing market is still bad. Our schools are questionable at best. They ( the govt at the state level) is over hauling our schools state wide.
    juliemomx2

Answer by juliemomx2 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2011