Hate it when DH tries to help!

Bless his heart....Rich tried to help me clean the kitchen this weekend lol...Usually when he tries to help me he just puts all the dishes into the sink in some hot, soapy water and half-ass wipes down the counters. Which is fine to me, he's making an effort (sort of lol) and he hasnt wrecked anything lol

But something got up his butt this weekend and when I woke up the kitchen was SPOTLESS and he was loading the dishwasher...I told him how great and wonderful he was and how much I appreciated his help, he had the biggest, dumbest grin on his face lol...you could tell he was SO proud of himself lol...

Until 5 minutes later when the dishwasher started vomiting up water and bubbles...yeah, my genius husband put dishwashing liquid into the dishwasher {SIGH} lol

Tell me when YOUR DH/SO has made a complete mess out of trying to help!!!

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• LMAO!!! My sister's ex-husband did the same thing! Her kitchen filled with bubbles and covered over 200 sq ft of her kitchen area, and was about 3 ft deep! Sadly it ruined the finish on her cabinets! (they had just built and moved in! LOL) Turns out he put almost a half cup worth of liquid soap in the dishwashers' resevoir!!
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• HAHA ohh thats just like mine!!! gotta love them though!!

My husband tried to help one time and vacumed out the ashes from the fire place using my brand new 200$ vacum...he killed it. lol
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 11:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• He probably wasn't raised with the knowledge of how to use these "female contraptions," but you have to give him kudos for trying. My husband was raised as the oldest of 5 kids, and they didn't have an electronic dishwasher, it was them lol. Maybe you could sit him down and tell him how much you appreciate the help, but that if he has a question on how to do the dishes/laundry/cooking he can feel free to come ask you. That might irritate you after a while, but would you rather that or cleaning 60 gallons of soap suds? lol Good luck!
    lauren_rankins

Answer by lauren_rankins at 11:52 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• awe at least he tried to help.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• ha that was actually me like 2 months ago!

The only disaster's dh makes while cleaning is he will put something where I don't normally put it, then he wont have a clue what I'm talking about, or where he put it. Dh doesnt help clean too much.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:51 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Oh God love them. Sometimes they are so cute. Haha
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Oh thank god! there's someone out there just like me!

He thinks he's mr clean, though he isn't as perfect at it as he thinks. Yesterday was supposed to be 'cleaning day' but I have a injured arm. The day before he was all 'just do all you can, don't push yourself and I'll do the rest' I did more than I should have in the kitchen, when a ride became available to get a few new swimsuits that I needed I took it and came home about 2.5 hours later.
    granted, he did vacuum, but guess who spent the rest of the day on video games and griped at me about how little I did, and hinted/complained that I went and bought the suits I needed that he was perfectly fine with the day before?

truth be known, I think he was irritated because we took a long bike ride the day before and I think he was mad that I left his butt in the dust and he was probably sore and didn't want to admit it.
    and I'm the handicapped one! ha! ha!

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2011